The most recent additions to the list are marked
(All links will open
in a new window)
18th Century Re-enactment
Lace Wars - The
Confederation of Mid Eighteenth Century Re-enactors (UK based)
Regt. of Foot
- US based, British 10th Regt. (1776-83).
Regt. of Foot
- US based, British 44th Regt. (1755).
77th Highland Regt.
- US based Re-enactors (1757-63).
- British cavalry unit, UK based.
Compagnie de Lacorne
- Canadian based French unit.
- US based Re-enactors.
- German Re-enactors.
- Channel Islands Militia of the 1780's.
du Passe - French Re-enactors.
of the Crown - US based, 77th Foot (1757-63) & 42nd
Nordharzer Altertumsgesellschaft e.V. - German
Riesengarde 'Lange Kerls' e.V. - German Re-enactors.
de Dillon - Irish in the service of France, UK based.
Regiment zu Fuss von Quadt ( Nr.9) - Prussian
Rangers - US based Re-enactors.
- Jacobites and Civilian, UK based.
Senior Service -
British Navy, UK based.
Mannered Mob - 18th Century Civilian, UK based.
Forge - Goods for 18th Century Living History.
Arms - Makers of fine period firearms for the re-enactor.
- Manufacturers and suppliers of Leatherwork and Metal accessories.
G. Gedney Godwin
- Specialists in 18th century military reproductions.
Jas. Townsend and Son,
Inc. - Suppliers of 18th and 19th century reproductions.
- We Bring History Alive!, US based.
Karl Robinson -
Kitty Hats -
Period hats and woolcrafts.
Kochan & Phillips
Historical Textiles - Reproduction historical textiles. NEW
- Makers of Reproduction Historical Accoutrements.
& Military Press - Books, Publications and CD-Roms.
Juniper - Handsewn Boots and Shoes.
SJ's - Authentic reproductions of historical clothing.
Smiling Fox Forge
- 18th Century Reproductions.
General - Military Heritage Weapons and Uniforms.
Kings Arm's Press and Bindery
- Reprints of 18th c. books and pamphlets.
- Items include 18th c. writing goods and glassware.
Original Re-enactors Market - Twice yearly UK re-enactors market.
Tinkers Tailor -
Diverse accoutrements for the 18th Century.
Court Potteries - Replica ceramics, iron age to 18th century.
Wyedean Weaving - Textile accoutrements for uniforms.
The 1745 Jacobite Rebellion
Cloathing Book 1742 - The 1742 uniform plates for British Regiments.
Illustrating Jacobite History - Texts of original documents.
Sources of information relating to the Jacobite Rebellion.
in Mourning - A collection of speeches, letters, journals etc. relative to the affairs of
Prince Charles Edward Stuart.
Prince Charles Edward Stuart - A very long and fascinating history of his attempt to re-gain the British throne. From his landing in Scotland to his eventual defeat and escape to France.
Other Sites of 18th Century Interest
- Rococo - 18th Century fashion, including patterns etc.
historical journal of the campaigns in North America for the
- The journal of Captain John Knox.
A Vision of Britain Through Time - Daniel Defoe, A Tour
through England and Wales divided into circuits or journeys (vol.
Resources - Links to eighteenth century Internet resources.
Maps - Old and Interesting maps of England, Wales and Scotland.
Library of Early Journals - A digital library of 18th and 19th Century
Military History Page - The Seven Years War.
Treatise of Artillery 1746 - On line electronic book.
Tricorne - The Fontenoy research group (French site)
Impar - 17th and 18th century military magazine online (French
Fides, Exemplumque Futuri - 18th century military website
Diary of Viscount Percival - English political diary 1730-1747
Archives - The National Archives and online catalogue.
National Library of Scotland - Military Maps of Scotland (18th
Proceedings of the Old Bailey - Accounts of criminal
trials 1674 to 1834.
Writings of George Washington - Includes the French & Indian
and 18th-Century Print Culture - English artist, best known for his
Other Sites of Interest
- German magazine for re-enactors, Ancient to WWI.
- Military book specialists.
- Historical Art.
- Event organisation and management services.
- Living history resources and forums.
Portraits - Professional Artist Michael Sly.
- Publishers of military history books.
- Artist and Illustrator.
P. Patrick White
- Historic Art & Illustrations.
und Grünspan - Swiss military re-enactors, portraying the Swiss armed forces
between 1850 and 1983.
- Publishers of militaria books incl. C18th related.
- The Regimental Museum.
Rifles - Todays successor's to the 13th foot.
If you have a website relevant to the 18th century and
would like it added to our links page, please contact us at :-
E-mail : Pulteney's
Intro | Regt. History | Regt. Structure | Manual
Exercise | Book List | Gallery
Events Diary | Membership
| WebRings | Links | Site Map | What's New